Senior Research Fellow (SRF) — 01 Vacancy - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the consultancy/research project(s) under the Principal investigator (Name: Krishna Mohan Singh), Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Title of project: Large-eddy simulation of flow instabilities in hydraulic turbines at off-design operation Sponsor of the project: CPRI (Ministry of Power), Bangalore
Project position(s) and number: Senior Research Fellow (SRF) — 01
B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering and M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Fluid/Thermal/Turbomachinery/Applied Mechanics. Candidates must have qualified GATE.
(a) For SRF, candidates should have minimum of 2 years’ experience.
(b) For JRF, candidates awaiting results for the 4th semester of the Master’s program are also eligible to apply.
The candidates with exposure and interest in fluid mechanics, CFD, hydrodynamic machines, and design and programming software like PRO-E, CATIA, OpenFOAM, and Linux will be given preference. Expertise in C/C++ programming is essential.
Emoluments: Rs. 35,000 per month for SRF and Rs. 31,000 per month for JRF + HRA as applicable
Duration: 1 year 10 months
Job description: The project aims to analyze flow instabilities in Francis turbines during transient and off-design operations using large eddy simulation. It requires development of a computational platform for LES of flow in hydraulic turbines. The SRF would work on development of a simulation toolkit in OpenFOAM for turbine flow and carry out detailed numerical simulations using this tool-kit. The JRF would work on development of an in-house higher order CFD code for large eddy simulation. The JRF would also be responsible for management of the HPC cluster dedicated to the project.
Important Notes to the candidates:
1. Candidates, before appearing for the Interview, shall ensure that they are eligible for the position they intend to apply.
2. Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the Principal Investigator through email only (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 PM on Mar 03, 2022 (Thursday):
Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including the position applied for, contact details (mobile and email address), and details of degree and experience gained relevant to the position applied for.Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
3. Candidate shall bring along with them the original degree(s)/certificate(s) and experience certificate(s) at the time of Interview for verification.
4. Preference will be given to SC/ST candidates with equal qualifications and experience.
5. Please note that no TA/DA is admissible for attending the Interview.
6. The date and venue for the Interview of short-listed candidates will be incorrect by separate communication.
Email: ch.awards@i itr.ac.in
*To be uploaded on IIT Roorkee website and may be sent to appropriate addresses by PI for wider circulation.