Recruitment - April - 2022 - Chief Executive Officer, AIC-AUDF
Recruitment for the position of Chief Executive Officer, AIC-AUDF
AIC -AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY DELHI FOUNDATION (AIC -AUDF) is a not-for-profit Company registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. AlC - AUDF has been set-up to implement the Atal Incubation Centre (AlC) as per the guidelines issued by Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog with an objective of supporting innovative startup enterprises in India. The Company is located at Ambedkar University Delhi, Lothian Road, Kashmere Gate, Delhi -110006.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up vacancies for the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position will be filled-up purely on contract basis for an initial period of3 years and further extendable for another 2 years, with a probation period of initial 1 year.
How to apply: https://forms.gle/ZNN55pOetZbkeyYdA
Last date for submission of application for both the above positions, is 5th April 2022.
Age limit: Less than 50 years as on the last date of submission of application.
Remuneration: Remuneration is negotiable and will be based on the professional competence and experience ofthe candidate.
Educational and other Qualifications
Graduate or post graduate in Design! Business Administration! Technology or related disciplines from a recognized national or international institution.
An MBA part time/ full time from a recognized accredited and reputed Institute/ University.
Essential: An individual with impeccable track record having minimum 10 years ofoverall experience in the industry, Start-ups (as Founder/Co-FounderlManaging Director/ Chairman) and/or an enabler of Start-up, Innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem by virtue of managing! leading reputed innovation and startDesirable Skills and Overall Profile:
- Applicant should have Business Acumen and eye for details.
- Applicant must be able to clearly demonstrate entrepreneurial skills and experience as an enabler for Start-ups/ Innovation ecosystem or in the role ofan entrepreneur or start-up founder himself! herself.
- Applicant with previous experience of leading an entrepreneurial and ambitious organization with demonstrable success shall be preferred.
- Applicant must have a detailed knowledge of all the domains and areas which constitute the startup ecosystem.
- Applicant with previous experience ofworking at the senior level position collaborating with government departments/ agencies/ allied organizations/ Private sector/ venture Capitalists, along with demonstration of fundraising for non-profit organizations shall be preferred.
- Applicant shall possess strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicant should be able to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Applicant must mandatorily have a clear understanding of local, national and global startup ecosystems
- The CEO in consultation with the Board of Directors shall develop vision, strategy and business model to achieve the objectives ofthe Company.
- The CEO will closely work with the Board of Directors and report to the Board of Directors for implementation of strategy, review and plan for continuous improvement.
- The CEO will be required to give direction to the Company primarily towards establishing it as a key player in incubation! acceleration space which includes establishing world class incubator(s), strategy to build, execute and scale incubation programs, outreach activities, measure impacts, collaborate with the partners/ stakeholders ofthe start-up/ entrepreneurial ecosystem, etc.
- The CEO will be required to provide overall strategic guidance, framing procedures, guidelines, best practices etc., for co-ordination, consolidation, synergy and success ofincubator(s) and incubated start-ups.
- The CEO will be responsible for identifying and attracting suitable start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- The CEO will act as the "Chief Experimenter" and encourage start-up ventures to innovate, promote the culture ofinnovation, help them in converting ideas into products/ IPs and commercialization, create significant value for start-ups, investors and incubator.
- The CEO will be required to facilitate the growth of start-up and help them become successful.
- The CEO will be required to liaison, develop and strengthen relationships with Govt. agencies, academia, other incubators, venture capitalists, angel! seed funding institutions in India and abroad for investing into the right start-ups, develop a strong cadre of mentors, service providers and other start-up ecosystem players as required.
- The CEO will be required to spearhead senior level, strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- The CEO must be an evangelist for the incubator in all forums and responsible to represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings.
- The CEO will be responsible to create a team primarily involved in managing the project operations and investments, performing outreach and other promotional activities with the culture of entrepreneurship, openness, and integrity and monitor its functioning.
- The CEO will be responsible to plan and execute activities within the pre approved quarterly budget including verification and recommendation of release of operating expense, ensure proper implementation and strict monitoring of annual plans, budgets and targets.
- The CEO will be responsible to direct the Finance team to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board ofDirectors with regard to investment risk and return.
- The CEO will be responsible for the Financial Statements ofthe Company and other compliances.
- The CEO will be responsible to present the company's progress and discuss the future plans in the Board meeting held on periodic basis.
- The CEO must be a visionary to make the Company self-sustainable.