IDBI Bank Recruitment - Chief Information Officer
IDBI Bank invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for the Appointment of Chief Information Officer on Contract basis. Candidates fulfilling required eligibility criteria IDBI Bank Recruitment may send their application to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2022.
Start Date of receiving of Application:
Last Date of receiving of Application:
1. Details of POST / VACANCY/ AGE/ CONTRACT PERIOD/SELECTION PROCESS/ PLACE OF POSTING/ ANNUAL CTC:-
Age (as on 28.02.2022)
Likely Place of Posting
Annual CTC (approx.)
Chief Information Officer
Minimum 45 years to Maximum 55 years
Mumbai / Navi Mumbai
Bank reserves right to post as per Bank's requirement
Consolidated remuneration based on experience, Seniority level etc. subject to deduction of taxes as applicable
*Extendable up to 5 years at Bank's discretion subject to regulatory / statuary guidelines.
(i) Cut-off date for eligibility criteria is February 28, 2022.
(ii) Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility as on the cut-off date. Admission to Personal Interview (PI), will be purely provisional without verification of documents. Candidature will be subject to verification of details/documents with the originals when the candidate reports for PI, if called.
(iii) IDBI Bank reserves the right to place the selected candidates in any of the functional areas of the Bank other than those advertised, if found suitable for the same.
(iv) Only Candidates willing to serve anywhere in India, should apply.
- 2. Eligibility criteria for IDBI Bank Recruitment
- 2.01 Nationality/Citizenship:
Candidates must be either (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee (who came over to India before 1st January 1962) with the intention of permanently settling in India or (e) a person of Indian origin, who have migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar (formally Burma), Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that the candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) or (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India.
- 2.02 Age, Educational qualification and Experience as on February 28, 2022:
Specific Skill Required
Work Experience (as on 28-02-2022)
Chief Information Officer
Min – 45 years
Max – 55 years
Graduation (B.E. / B.Tech) in Electronics & Telecommunications/ Computer Science/ Electronics & Electrical/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication OR Graduate with Post-Graduation in MCA from a Recognized University.
Minimum 20 years' total experience in Banks/ Financial Institutions/ Large IT Services Organizations and/or related IT area with familiarity with a variety of technology and banking concepts, practices, procedures and regulator rules and guidelines. Out of above minimum 10 years must be in senior executive level position managing and/or directing IT operations. Also a minimum 5 years' experience in banking & financial sector and experience in strategic planning and execution should be there. (Training & Teaching experience will not be counted for eligibility)
Professional Qualification Desirable: MBA from a Recognized University will be desirable.
# The Bank may also assign such other related jobs/ assignments as may be decided from time to time.
3. Terms of Appointment
Terms & Conditions
Contract for a period of 3 years (extendable up to 5 years at Bank's discretion and subject to statuary and regulatory guidelines) to be reviewed every year.
Nature of appointment
Appointment for the post will be contractual in nature
Consolidated remuneration based on experience, Seniority level per annum (CTC) subject to deduction of taxes as applicable and review of performance on annual basis.
CTC comprises of all the emoluments/allowances/benefits/perquisites, etc. paid as one time/ monthly/ periodically/ annually except as mentioned in the terms and conditions separately.
12 days of Casual Leave (CL) for every calendar year. In addition to CL, appointee will be entitled for 15 days of leave. However, if the contractual period starts mid of a calendar year, proportionate CL and other leaves shall be accordingly granted on pro-rata basis. Un availed leaves, if any, shall neither be eligible for encashment nor carried forward.
Other facilities for official purposes
The facilities will be payable subject to approval of the supervisor.
Termination of contract
The contract may be terminated by either party by giving to the other one month's notice or pay in lieu thereof. Further, absence beyond 15 days would result in termination of the contract, unless approved by the competent authority.
No superannuation benefit shall be applicable.
In addition to the terms and conditions of appointment, during the contractual period, the appointee shall generally be governed by the IDBI Bank Limited Officer's Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules, 2006 as amended from time to time.
The applicants shall make own arrangements for his/her stay and it shall not be incumbent on the Bank to provide any residential accommodation.
The appointee shall furnish a non-disclosure undertaking in the prescribed format on the stamp paper of requisite value at the time of joining.
Candidates are likely to be posted at Mumbai/Navi Mumbai however the Bank reserves the right to post to any offices of the Bank or to any place as per requirement of the Bank.
As may be decided by IDBI Bank Ltd. from time to time.
- 4. Selection Procedure :
4.01 The selection process will comprise of:-
(i) Preliminary screening and shortlisting based on the eligibility criteria, candidate's qualifications, suitability/ experience, etc. submitted with the applications.
(ii) The candidature, after preliminary screening and without verification of documents, will be provisional for the position and will be subject to verification of all details/ documents with the originals when a candidate reports for PI (if called).
(iii)Only such shortlisted candidates who qualify in Personal Interview and are sufficiently high in the merit list will be shortlisted for further selection.
(iv)The center & address of the venue, time and date of interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates through e-mail / call letter and candidates have to attend the same at their own cost. Request for change of center/date/time will not be entertained. However, the Bank reserves its right to change/ add/ cancel the date, time, center, venue for the PI or hold supplementary selection process on particular date/ session/ venue/ center for set of candidates at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. The changes, if any, shall be intimated to the candidates through Bank's website and/or candidate's registered email in advance.
(v)Selection will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in PI. Bank may change the mode of selection depending upon the number of suitable candidates.
(vi)The final selection of candidate is subject to qualification in PI, being sufficiently high in the merit list, being declared medically fit as per the Bank's standards of fitness and fulfilling the stipulated eligibility criteria as on the cut-off date.
(vii)In case, more than one candidate scores the cut off marks (common mark at cut off point); such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order.
(viii) The Bank reserves the right to call only a requisite number of candidates for the Interview post preliminary shortlisting of applications. The Bank's decision in the matter shall be final, irrevocable and without any recourse to the applicants.
4.02 Mere eligibility, admission/qualification in PI does not imply that the Bank is satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate's eligibility and it shall not vest any right in a candidate for selection. The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of IDBI Bank recruitment process, if he/she is found to be ineligible and/or furnished incorrect or false information/ certificates/ documents or has suppressed any material facts. If appointed, such a candidate may be summarily removed from the services of the Bank.
Important: The PI may be held at the Bank's Corporate Office in Mumbai or virtually. While appearing for PI, if called, the candidate should produce valid prescribed documents given below. In the absence of documents candidature of the candidates shall be cancelled. Bank takes no responsibility to receive/ collect any certificate/remittance/ document sent separately.
5. List of Documents to be produced at the time of PI (as applicable):
The following documents in original together with a self-attested photocopy in support of the candidate's eligibility and identity are to be invariably submitted at the time of interview failing which the candidate may not be permitted to appear for the interview. Non submission of requisite documents by the candidate at the time of interview will debar his/her candidature from further participation in the IDBI Bank recruitment process.
- i) Print out of the original and valid Interview Call Letter.
- ii) Photo Identify Proof as indicated in Point 7 below.
- iii) Mark sheets & provisional / degree certificates for educational qualifications.
- iv) Work Experience: For the Past employer: Relieving Letters and Experience Certificate from the past employer and for the present employer: Experience certificate, Offer Letters, Pay or Salary Slips clearly indicating the date of joining and date of relieving for each of the past or previous employer(s) mentioning the functional area of experience. The experience certificate or testimonials produced by the candidates should indicate the date of joining and relieving, designation at the time of joining, date of promotion with designation, if any. In case the same is not mentioned in either the experience certificate or Relieving letter, a bonafide experience certificate is required mentioning the experience of the candidate in desired functional area along with the duration. Any adverse remark from the previous employer(s) or any act of misconduct/ wrong committed by the candidate would be a disqualification to apply and render the candidature for cancellation.
- v) Candidates serving in Government/ Quasi Govt. Offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a "No Objection Certificate" from their employer at the time of joining the Bank, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered.
- vi) Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the interview if he/ she fail to produce the relevant eligibility documents as mentioned above.
Note: Inability to produce any of the above mentioned documents (both original and attested copy) at the time of interview will render the candidates ineligible for the selection. No documents shall be directly sent to the Bank by candidates before or after the interview.
6. How to apply:
a. Candidates are required to send their application to " firstname.lastname@example.org " mentioning the Name of the Post in the subject line.
b. Intimation will be sent to the candidate's email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the application form. If candidates do not receive the email / SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their application has not been successfully registered.
c. An application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the application form will not be considered as valid.
d. Any information submitted by a candidate in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/ she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.
- 7. Identity Verification
At the time of PI, the original call letter along with a photocopy of the candidate's photo identity (bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter's Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazzetted Officer/ People's Representative along with a photograph / Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University/ Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate's identity will be verified with respect to his/ her details on the call letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the PI.
In case of candidates who have changed their name, they will be allowed only if they produce original Gazette notification/ their original marriage certificate/ affidavit in original, mentioning the changed name.
Note: Candidates have to produce, in original, the same photo identity proof bearing the name as it appears on the application form/ call letter and submit photocopy of the same.
8. General Eligibility for IDBI Bank Recruitment
Medical Fitness, Character and Caste (wherever applicable) verification of selected candidates: The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being declared medically fit as per medical fitness standards followed by the Bank and upon satisfactory verification of their character, antecedents and caste certificates (wherever applicable). Till such time, the appointment of the selected candidates in the Bank will be provisional. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service, Conduct Rules & Policies of the Bank.
- 9. General Instructions for IDBI Bank Recruitment
- (i) Cut-off date: February 28, 2022.
- (ii) Before submitting the application form, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. as stated in this advertisement. If the candidates are not eligible, their candidature will be cancelled at any stage of the IDBI Bank recruitment. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he or she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his or her candidature will be cancelled and if appointed, services would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
- (iii) Candidates are required to send their application to " email@example.com " mentioning the Name of the Post in the subject line.
- (iv) IDBI Bank reserves the right to modify or amend or reverse or cancel any or all of the provisions of the IDBI Bank recruitment process including eligibility criteria.
- (v) IDBI Bank may at its sole discretion, re-hold PI or additional PI, wherever necessary in respect of a center or venue or specific candidates(s) and/or all centers or all candidates.
- (vi) Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement and the selection process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated in Mumbai only.
(i) In case it is detected at any stage of IDBI Bank recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled, if any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
(ii) Decisions of Bank in all matters regarding for IDBI Bank Recruitment eligibility, conduct of examination, other tests and selection would be final and binding on all candidates, no representation or correspondence will be entertained by the bank in this regard.