HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED, MUMBAI REFINERY GRADUATE APPRENTICE TRAINEE VACANCIES RECRUITMENT
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOP&NG), Government of India. It is engaged in the Refining, Storage, Distribution, and Marketing of petroleum products and is a major player in the hydrocarbon industry in India.
HPCL owns and operates refineries at Mumbai & Visakh with designed capacities of 9.5 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) & 8.3 MMTPA respectively.
HPCL - Mumbai Refinery proposes to engage about 100 Graduate Apprentice Trainees in the field of engineering viz… Instrumentation/ Chemical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Computer Science/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical for a period of one year as per provisions of Apprentices Act, 1961 and the Rules thereof.
1. Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application on NATS Portal : 19-02-2022||
Last date of Online Application on NATS Portal :
2. Training position Description and Eligibility Criteria
|Description||Age Limit||Qualification Criterion||Monthly stipend|
|Graduate Engineering Apprenticeship||
Min age – 18 yrs. and Max age – 25 yrs.
As on commencement of online application (19-02-2022)Age relaxation by 5 yrs, for SC/ST, 3 yrs for OBC-NC and 10 yrs for PwBD
|Instrumentation Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering||Rs. 25,000/-|
*VH- Visually Handicapped, HH- Hearing Handicapped, OH- Orthopedically Handicapped.
Candidates who have applied through NATS portal on or before 28-02-2022 will be considered for selection.
3. Eligibility Requirements.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Candidates registered and approved on the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) web portal https://www.mhrdnats.gov.in and recognized by the Board of Apprenticeship. Training (BOAT) will be considered. Candidates are "NOT" required to submit a hard copy of the application forms to HPCL.
- Candidates passed out before 01-03-2020 are not eligible for apprenticeship training. (Final qualifying semester result date).Candidates belonging to the General/ OBC-NC category must have 60% aggregate whereas candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD (VH/HH/OH) must have 50% aggregate marks in all years/ semesters in qualifying examinations
- Calculation of Percentage: The degree percentage as provided by university/college will be considered or where CGPA/GPA or letter grade in qualifying degrees awarded, equivalent to marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute. Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from the University/Institute which shall be required at the time of interview. In the case where the above percentage/conversion is not available, the percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all qualifying subjects in all the semester(s)/year(s) by aggregating the marks. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%.
- All the qualifications specified above should be recognized by the Board of Technical Education/ UGC/ AICTE.
- Relaxation in eligibility criteria, age, and reservations for SC, ST, OBCNC, and PwBD (Persons with benchmarked disabilities – with a degree of disability 40% or above) will be considered as per presidential directives on All India basis i.e., 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC.
- Candidates who have been engaged previously as apprentices or are undergoing Apprenticeship training elsewhere and have an apprenticeship contract with any other organization under the Apprentices Act,1961 on the NATS portal are not eligible to apply. In case of any existing apprenticeship contract with any organization may lead to rejection of the application.
- Candidates having work experience of one year or more are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Selection Methodology.
- Candidates fulfilling above mentioned eligibility criteria will be called for an interview at the Mumbai Refinery office address. Management reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Interviews which will be tentatively scheduled in the month of March 2022.
- A merit list will be drawn basis the academic results of engineering degrees and Scores in the Interview.
- Final offer for apprenticeship training would be subjected to clearing the Medical test as per HPCL standards and submission of all the documents / certificates towards proof of age, qualification, caste, medical certificates of PwBD and medical fitness etc., as may be applicable
5. The process to apply for an Apprenticeship at HPCL
- Once candidates have enrolled themselves on the NATS portal, candidates need to log onto the NATS portal using their USER ID/EMAIL ID and password
- Once logged in, on the home page, candidates have to click on "ESTABLISHMENT REQUEST" and select the option "Find Establishment" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Find Establishment", the page appears with two "Search criteria", i.e. Option to search by 1) Preferences and 2) Establishment Name.
- Among the search criterion option select Establishment name, candidates need to type" "HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORP. LTD.(MUMBAI REFINERY)" and click on option "Search".
- Once candidates click on search, apprentice vacancies at Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited appear. Candidates need to click on the Establishment name "HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORP. LTD.(MUMBAI REFINERY)" and select the "Apply" button.
- Once a candidate clicks the "Apply" button a message appears as given below "Successfully applied for the training program".
- Before applying candidates must ensure that all their profile details (Caste, Educational background, Personal credentials, etc.) along with aggregate percentage (refer calculation of percentage in eligibility requirements, clause) are appearing correctly in their application. HPCL will not make any revisions/corrections in the data submitted by candidates. Candidates are required to contact their BOAT Mumbai (Western Region) office in case of any corrections.
- The candidates can confirm if they applied for the establishment by checking under the tab "Establishment Request
6. Important Points to note.
- HPCL does not give any commitment/assurance on providing permanent/temporary employment to apprentices on successful completion of the apprenticeship period.
- Furnishing of wrong/ false information will lead to disqualification and HPCL will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false information. If any of the above discrepancies w.r.t to eligibility parameters, furnishing of the wrong intimation and/or suppressing of any material fact detected/notice even after engagement, his/her training will be liable for termination without any further notice. Canvassing in any form during any stage of the engagement process will lead to the cancelation of candidature.
- Apprentice will be placed for training in our refinery at Mumbai only and will be bound by all rules/ regulations of working conditions applicable.
7. General Conditions.
The engagement of apprentices will be governed by the Apprentice Act,1961/ Apprentices Amendment Act,1973 and rules thereof.
Candidates selected as Graduate Apprentice Trainee shall be paid a monthly stipend of 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty-Five Thousand Only)
The reserved category candidates are requested to submit SC/ST/OBC-NC and PwBD (VH/OH/HH) certificate/s in the prescribed format application (the formats can be downloaded from our site https://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/careers -> Documents -> Downloads for apprentices
Candidates must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for the OBCNC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site https://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list of castes for each state is available on the site www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site https://www.socialjustice.nic.in. A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will be not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as defined by the Govt. of India/
The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the state (or part of the state) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one state (or part of the state) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued on him/her based on his/her father's OBC certificate from the state to which he (father) originally belongs.
The OBC candidates who belong to "Creamy Layer" are not entitled to concession admissible to OBC- NC candidates and such candidates will have to indicate their category as Unreserved (UR).
If the SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwBD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English/Hindi.
Interview call letter will be sent over the NATS portal and no hard copy will be sent to the candidates. All communications will be thru the email ID/ Mobile number provided by the candidates in his/her online application.
Applications with incomplete/wrong particulars will be not considered. The email ID & Mobile number provided in the online Registration/ application should remain valid for at least one year. Candidates must use proper e-mail IDs created in their names. Applications with pseudo/fake email IDs will attract appropriate actions under the law.
HPCL will not be responsible for any loss/ non-delivery of email/admit card sent/ any other communication sent, due to invalid/ wrong email id or contact number.
All the candidates given in the online registration form will be treated as final & no changes will be entertained. Any request for change in category (GEN/SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwBD-[VH/OH/HH]) once filled in the Online Registration/Application Form will not be considered and accordingly, concessions/relaxation applicable will not be extended.
Depending upon several applications, HPCL reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria and modify the selection process.
minimum eligibility standards/criteria and modify the selection process.
HPCL reserves the right to determine the total number of apprentices to be engaged/candidates to be selected at any stage of the selection process. Management reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview/medical tests without assigning any reasons.
All the candidates are required to remain updated at each step of the selection process by visiting NATS portal regularly.
8. CONTACT DETAILS.
All queries pertaining to the selection process may be addressed to HPCL-MR Apprentice Engagement Team:
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone Number: 022 2507-6743/ 022 2507 6741
All queries pertaining to registration/verification of application form on NATS portal may be addressed to Board of Apprenticeship Training (Western Region).