Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) - Deputy Manager
Vacancy Notification No.CSL/P&A/RECTT/CKSRU PERMA/EXECUTIVES/2022/1 dated 19 February 2022
Apply Online Click Here
Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), a listed premier Mini Ratna Company of Government of India, invites applications from Indian Citizens, fulfilling the eligibility requirements for filling up of the following Executive post for CSL Kolkata Ship Repair Unit (CKSRU), Kolkata:-
- A. Name of Post, Age, Educational Qualification, Experience & Job Requirements:
Name of Post, Grade and Pay scale
Experience & Job Requirements
Deputy Manager (HR&IR)
Two year Master’s Degree or equivalent Degree or equivalent Diploma or Post Graduate Degree in any of the following areas, with minimum of 60% marks from a recognized University :-
a) Minimum of 7 years post qualification managerial experience in Human Resource in a
b) Should be well experienced and conversant with administrative functions, modern HR applications and practices.
c) Working knowledge / Experience in labour laws.
d) Knowledge of West Bengal State Rules.
e) In case of candidates working in PSUs / Government/ Autonomous bodies in the regular cadre, one year experience shall be in the immediate lower scale of pay or equivalent.
Note :- In case of b to d above, the assessment shall be based on the knowledge and skills demonstrated during the selection process.
a) Experience of working in an ERP/ SAP/ computerised
Not to exceed 35 years.
Name of Post, Grade and Pay scale
Experience & Job Requirements
b) Good communication skills and working knowledge in Hindi/Bengali.
Should be willing to travel at short notice, willing to take responsibility to work against the set targets within the time frame etc. Liaisoning with various government/ statutory agencies. The officer shall be liable to undertake all duties as directed by CSL Management.
- B. Important Dates:
Commencement of Application : 23 February 2022
Last Date of Application : 16 March 2022
- C. No. of vacancies and reservation:
Deputy Manager (HR & IR)
- (i) CSL reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies or not to fill up the vacancy or cancel the recruitment process, as per its requirement.
- (ii) The post is identified for applicants with bench mark disabilities as below:
Bench Mark disability
Blindness and low vision;
Deaf and hard of hearing;
Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
- D. Scale of Pay, Benefits & Place of Posting:
- (i) Grade and Pay scale:
- (ii) Monthly Emoluments as on date:-
Amount (in ₹)
DA (at present 29.4%)
HRA (at present 24% at Kolkata)
Perks & Allowances (35%)
- (iii) Other benefits under New Pension Scheme, Contributory Provident Fund, Accident Insurance coverage, Reimbursement of Medical expenses under the Contributory Medical Insurance policy, Leave encashment, Performance related Payment etc. as admissible shall be applicable for the post.
- (iv) The posting shall be at CSL Kolkata Ship Repair Unit (CKSRU)/any other CSL units/project sites as desired by CSL. However, depending upon project requirements, the candidate is liable to be transferred within different units of CSL. The appointment to the post carries with it the obligation to serve in any department of CSL or on board ships or in any of the units / work sites/ projects undertaken in any part of India or abroad as the case may be.
- (v) Selected candidate shall be placed in the minimum of the pay scale and pay protection will not be considered.
- E. Age:
- (i) The upper age limit prescribed for the post shall be as on 16 March 2022. i.e. applicants should be born on or after 16 March 1987.
- (ii) The upper age limit shall be relaxable by 5 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and 10 years for Ex-servicemen. However, in no case, age limit after applying all age relaxations shall exceed 45 years.
- F. Method of Selection:
- (i) The Personal Interview shall be held at CSL or interview through electronic media in view of Covid-19 pandemic issues.
- (ii) The method of selection shall include a Power Point Presentation, Group discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates who are provisionally short-listed for the post shall be required to do the Power Point Presentation highlighting their work experience (duration of not more than ten minutes). The work experience shall be assessed by selection committee based on the documents submitted by the candidates and the power point presentation on work experience. Based on the Power Point Presentation, the candidates shall be further short-listed for Group discussion and Personal Interview. Only candidates who are meeting the notified work experience and job requirements shall be permitted to attend Group discussion & Personal Interview. The marks shall be assigned to the short-listed candidates based on the following parameters for final selection:
- (iii) CSL reserves the right to scrutinise applications for the post and prepare shortlist of candidates based on meeting eligibility requirements ascertained through the certificates submitted and only such shortlisted candidates shall be permitted to attend the selection process.
- G. Conditions:
- a) Reservation:
- (i) Government of India Directives on reservation shall apply.
- (ii) In the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, the degree of disability should be a minimum of 40%. The applicant should submit a valid Certificate of disability to this effect in the prescribed format issued by Competent Authority as per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017.
- b) Qualification:
- (i) The minimum qualification stipulated for the post must be from a University/ Institute/Examination Board recognized by AICTE/ appropriate statutory authority/State/Central Government.
- (ii) Those applicants having qualifications equivalent to any of the prescribed qualifications should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the Competent Authority and without such certificate, their candidature shall not be considered.
- (iii) The applicants are required to fill in the exact percentage of marks scored by them in the qualifying examination in the application form submitted for the post as applicable. Some Universities/Institutes/Examination Boards do not award Class or Percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points (e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.). In case University/Institute/Examination Board defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into Class and/or percentage of marks, the same shall be accepted. However, where the University/ Institute/Examination Board does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into Class and/or percentage of marks, the Aggregate Grade Points may be multiplied by 10 to get the required percentage of marks.
- c) Experience:
- (i) Experience acquired after the date of passing of the qualification stipulated as per item A above shall only be considered. Period of post qualification experience shall be reckoned as on 16 March 2022
- (ii) Training period in any organisation shall not be counted as work experience, including the period of executive training, management training, apprentice training, advanced training or any other training.
- (iii) Experience Certificates obtained from Companies registered under the Companies Act 1956 or Foreign Companies of equivalent status shall only be considered for short listing and for consideration for selection.
- (iv) Applicants who are presently working in any company (Private/ Public sector /Govt.), in the absence of experience certificate, should submit copy of Appointment / Offer letter issued by the company, latest Pay Slip / copy of last Pay drawn and CTC Certificate during the current financial year/IT Form-16 of the previous financial year as proof of work experience. For past employment, experience certificate indicating the date of joining as well as relieving should be submitted. The candidates should submit all certificates to establish the experience claimed in their application, failing which their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall not be considered for further selection.
- (v) Applicants in regular Government service or in Government owned industrial or other similar organizations should submit their applications directly to CSL. However, such
- applicants are required to submit a declaration (as per Annexure – II) that they have informed in writing to their employer that they have applied for the post notified by CSL. Candidature of such applicants will not be considered if objection if any received from the employer.
- (vi) Applicants who are Ex-servicemen should submit Discharge Certificate/ Book/ Pension Payment Order from the Armed Forces. Those ex-servicemen having qualification endorsed in their Discharge Certificate/ Book should have working experience in the relevant discipline in the Armed Forces. Ex-servicemen claiming equivalency of qualification should produce the certificate of equivalency or endorsement in the Discharge certificate of the same with authority (refer order issued by the Govt. of India), should produce certificates indicating qualification and work experience in the relevant discipline in the Armed Forces, as proof of experience. They should produce experience certificate from the authorities concerned, failing which their candidature shall not be considered.
- (vii) Those ex-servicemen, on re-employment in any Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex-serviceman, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government shall be governed by DoPT OM Nos. 36034/27/84-Estt(SCT) dated 02.05.1985, 36034/6/90-Estt(SCT) dated 10.10.1994 and 36034/1/2014-Estt (SCT) dated 14.08.2014. All ex-servicemen shall submit an undertaking along with the application to the effect that he has not been re-employed in Government after availing the benefits for ex-servicemen.
- (viii) Applicants should clearly specify the nature of work performed and duties, responsibilities handled in the respective jobs, as well as experience certificate in proof of the same shall be attached along with submission of their application for the post notified.
- d) Application Fee:
- e) How to Apply:
- (i) Applicants should fill in the application form (Annexure I) with recent passport size photograph pasted and e-mail the scanned copies of signed application form along with supporting documents to the e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the e-mail id email@example.com .
- (ii) The Checklist of documents to be submitted along with the application form are as under:-
- (a) Scanned copy of Aadhaar Card.
- (b) Relevant Certificates to prove age (Birth Certificate/SSLC or SSC/Passport).
- (c) All Qualifying Degree Certificates.
- (d) Consolidated Mark Sheets / All Semester Mark Sheets.
- (e) Experience certificates.
- (f) Disability Certificate (if applicable).
- (g) Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- (iii) Applicants should ensure that the scanned copy of application form (Signed with photo pasted) & all certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability etc are sent through e-mail, failing which their candidature shall not be considered and shall be rejected.
- (iv) Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Advertisement Notification. Applicants should ensure that all the entries have been correctly filled in. Filling of garbage / junk details in any of the fields can lead to rejection of your application. Applications that are incomplete, not in the prescribed format, not legible, without the required enclosures or unsigned, will be summarily rejected without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- (v) The last date for receipt of applications through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com is 16 March 2022 latest by 2359hrs (IST). Application submitted direct or by any other mode shall not be accepted.
- (vi) Applicants should ensure that their application has been received at CSL by getting acknowledgement via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and via telephone (0484 2501221).
- f) General:
- (i) Applicants are advised to make sure that they are meeting the eligibility requirements as per the vacancy notification for the post before submitting the applications.
- (ii) Definition of Ex-serviceman:- Ex-serviceman is a person
- a) Who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in a Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- i. Who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension; or
- ii. Who has been relieved from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- iii. Who has been released from such service as a result of reduction in establishment;
- b) Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, namely, pension holders for continuous embodied service or broken spells of qualifying service; Or
- c) Personnel of Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to their parent service with pension, or are released from the Army Postal service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstances beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pension; Or
- d) Personnel, who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to 14th April, 1987; Or
- e) Gallantry award winners of the Armed Forces including personnel of Territorial Army;
- f) Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
- (iii) CSL reserves the right to call for any additional documentary evidence from candidates in support of educational qualification / experience / other notified eligibility requirements as indicated in their application, and information / replies to such queries should be only through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . However, CSL shall not be responsible for any delay/non-receipt of such e-mails within the stipulated date and time. Replies to any such queries received after the stipulated date and time shall not be considered, and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- (iv) Original Certificates of the short-listed candidates shall be verified at the time of joining or at some other stage as decided by CSL. Candidature is purely provisional subject to verification of original certificates in proof of age, qualification, experience, caste, disability, medical fitness etc. At the time of verification/joining, if the candidates short-listed above are found not meeting the eligibility requirements or fail to produce certificates in original or if at any stage, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate is false/incorrect, the candidate shall not be considered for selection and candidature will be cancelled/rejected without further notice.
- (v) No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the selection process.
- (vi) No correspondence regarding the rejection of application in case of ineligibility shall be entertained.
- (vii) Call letters shall not be sent to short-listed candidates by post. They shall be informed to download call letter by e-mail/through CSL website www.cochinshipyard.in . Schedule of the selection process shall be intimated to the short-listed applicants through E-mail/CSL website (Career page). Candidates are requested to frequently check the above website (Career Page) for updates related to the selection process.
- (viii) Mere submission of application, Issue of call letter and attending Selection process shall not confer any right to the applicant of acceptance of candidature or cannot be construed as an acknowledgement of fulfilling the eligibility criterion.
- (ix) Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to verification of character and antecedents and verification of caste certificates if applicable.
- (x) The candidates short-listed for appointment should undergo a medical examination in the hospitals as prescribed by CSL. The reports of such medical examination shall be examined by Medical Officer of CSL and the appointment of the candidate shall be subject to verification of Medical fitness by the Medical Officer of CSL.
- (xi) CSL shall not bear any liability on account of salary/leave salary/gratuity/pension contribution etc, if any related to previous employment of any candidate already working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings.
- (xii) Rank lists shall be maintained for the post and shall be operated only in the event of occurrence of a vacancy during the validity period of the rank list. The validity period of the rank list shall be upto 18 months from the date of reporting of the last candidate, from the list of candidates advised to join on publication of the result, unless a fresh notification for the same post is issued. Vacancy which arose as stated above shall not be treated as a fresh vacancy.
- (xiii) The number of posts indicated at para A is based on existing requirement and shall vary depending on the future requirements and the vacancies that may arise during the validity period of the rank list shall be filled up from that rank list at the discretion of CSL.
- (xiv) Notwithstanding the above or any other conditions, CSL reserves the right not to fill up the vacancies notified. Further, the filling up of the notified vacancies shall be subject to the suitability of candidates in the rank list, availability of projects and job
- requirements. CSL reserves the right to restrict/ alter/cancel/modify the recruitment process, if need so arises without notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- (xv) All documents related to this selection shall be preserved for a period of two years from the date of publication of results.
- (xvi) Any legal proceedings in respect of any claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto and selection process thereafter can be instituted only in the Courts/Tribunals/Forums at Ernakulam and such Courts/ Authorities shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction.
- (xvii) Any amendment, modification or addition to this advertisement shall be given in the CSL website only.
- (xviii) For any further clarification, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com .
“CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION”
“ONLY INDIAN NATIONALS NEED APPLY”
GENERAL MANAGER (HR)