Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission - Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning
Notification No.04/2022 DATED: 25.02.2022
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites application from eligible candidates only through online mode upto 26.03.2022 for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning included in the Tamil Nadu General Service.
Apply Online Click Here
- All recruitments by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission are purely merit based.
- The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission hereby cautions the applicants against touts and agents who may cheat, by making false promises of securing jobs through unfair means.
- The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission shall not be responsible or liable for any loss that may be caused to any applicant on account of indulging in any sort of dealings with such unscrupulous elements.
- Applicants are solely responsible for their claims in the online application. They cannot blame service providers like internet cafes/browsing centres/Common Service centres for the mistakes made while applying online for recruitment. Applicants are advised to check the filled in online application before finally submitting the same.
1.ONE TIME REGISTRATION:-
It is mandatory for applicants to register their basic particulars through one - time online registration system on payment of Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty only) towards registration fee and then they should apply online for this recruitment. [The one-time registration
will be valid for five years from the date of registration. Thereafter, the registration should be renewed by paying the prescribed fee.] One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
Details of vacancies:
Name of the post
Name of the service
No. of vacancies
Scale of pay
Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning
(Post Code No. 1778)
Tamil Nadu General Service
(Service Code No. 035)
(including 1* carried forward vacancy)
Rs.56,100 – 2,05,700
Unless and otherwise specified, the number of vacancies notified is approximate and is liable to modification as indicated in para.11-A of ‘Instructions to Applicants’.
2. DISTRIBUTION OF VACANCIES
The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment.
* Carried forward vacancy: BC(M) (G) - 1
GT (G) (PSTM)
GT (G) (DAP) LV
GT (W) (PSTM)
BC (M) (W)
MBC/DC(G) (DAP)** (LD(OA/OL)/AC/LC/DF
SC (G) (PSTM)
SC(A) (G) (PSTM)
Abbreviation:-GT-General Turn; BC (OBCM)– Backward Classes (other than Backward Class Muslim); BC(M) - Backward Classes (Muslim); MBC/DC- Most Backward Classes/Denotified Communities; SC – Scheduled Castes; SC(A) - Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiar)
G-General; W-Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium;DAP – Differently Abled Persons; LV- Low Vision, LD- Loco-motor disability (OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg), AC-Acid attack victims LC- Leprosy Cured, DF- Dwarfism].
**(i) The distribution of vacancies is subject to the outcome of final orders of the Supreme Court on the Special Leave to Appeal [SLP] filed by the Government with regard to the Tamil Nadu Act 8 of 2021.
(ii) Information regarding MBC (V) MBC-DNC, and other MBC are required for distribution depending upon the outcome of Special Leave Petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
3. IMPORTANT DATES AND TIME:
Date of Notification
Last date for submission of online application
Date of written examination
Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning
Paper-I : Subject paper
9.30A.M. to 12.30 P.M.
Part-A -Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
02.00P.M. to 05.00 P.M.
Refer Annexure-V of this notification regarding tentative timeline for the recruitment process.
(A) AGE LIMIT (as on 01.07.2022.):
Category of Applicants
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories.
No maximum Age limit
‘Others’ [i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs]
Should not have completed or will complete the age of 32 years.@
[Provided that the age limit of 32@ years prescribed for appointment to this post shall not apply to persons appointed from the category of Town Planning Officers of Municipal Councils or other Local Bodies in the State.]
Note: @ In G.O (Ms).No.91, Human Resources Management (S) Department, dated 13.09.2021, the Maximum Age Limit prescribed for appointment by direct recruitment is enhanced by 2 year.[i.e., from 30 to 32 years]
Explanation: No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 60 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection /appointment to the post.
“Others” [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs] who have put in five years and more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit. (For further details refer to para 3(F) of “Instructions to Applicants ”, Section 3(r) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016)
- (i) For Persons with Benchmark Disability (Others):
Persons with Benchmark Disability are eligible for age concession upto 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed.
(Section 64 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016)
- (ii) For Ex-servicemen (Others)
- a) The maximum age limit for Ex-servicemen is 50 years.
(Section 63 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016 and as per G.O.(Ms)No.91, Human Resources Management (S) Department, dated 13.09.2021)
- b) The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
(Section 3(j) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016)
- (B) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION (as on 25.02.2022)
Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission:
1. Post Graduate Degree in Town or City or Urban or Housing or Country or Rural or Infrastructure or Regional or Transport or Environmental Planning from a recognized University or Institute.
2. Must be an Associate of the Institute of Architects or possess B.Arch Degree or possess Degree or Diploma recognized and equivalent to the National Diploma in Architecture with experience in Town Planning works for a period of not less than three years in a Town Planning Department of Government or in the Statutory Boards or Urban Authorities or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations or Local Bodies
3. Must possess B.E Degree (Civil or Highway) with experience in Town Planning works for a period of not less than two years in Town Planning Department of Government or in the Statutory Boards or Urban Authorities or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-
Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations or Local Bodies.
4. Must have passed Sections A & B of the Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers (India) Examination in the Civil Engineering Group with experience in Town Planning work for a period of not less than two years in Town Planning Department of the Government or in the Statutory Boards or Urban Authorities or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations or Local Bodies.
5. Must possess Bachelor of Planning or Bachelor of Technology in Planning from a recognized University or Institute with two years experience in the field of Urban or Regional Planning in the State Governments or in the Statutory Boards or Urban Authorities or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations or Local Bodies.
The educational qualification prescribed for the post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the following order of studies: 10th + HSC or its equivalent + Bachelor’s Degree + P.G. Degree as required under Section 25 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016. Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification. (Section 20(4)(iv) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016).
The qualifications considered equivalent are indicated in Annexure-II to this notification.
Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification, in the form of Government Order issued on or before the date of this notification, and produce it when called for, failing which, their application will be summarily rejected after due process. The Government Orders regarding equivalence of qualification issued after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
(For further details regarding equivalence of qualification refer note under para.9 of the “Instructions to Applicants ”).
(C) CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS:
Applicants selected for appointment to the said post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below. The model format is enclosed with Annexure IV of the notification. The said Certificate should be submitted by
the selected candidate to the Appointing Authority at the time of joining to the said post.
Standard of vision
Certificate of physical fitness
Standard II or better
Form prescribed for Executive post
Applicants with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from a qualified Eye Specialist working in Government Hospital.
(D) KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL
Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil. (For further details refer para 14(I) of ‘Instructions to Applicants’.)
For One Time Registration (G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (M) Department, dated 01.03.2017).
Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concession noted below.
- (i) Linking Aadhaar number with One Time Registration (OTR) is mandatory for applicants.[ For further details refer para 2B of ‘Instructions to Applicants’.]
- (ii) One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. After completion of five years, the applicant must renew the One Time Registration by paying the fee prescribed. The One Time Registration is different from the application for the examination. An applicant should make an online application separately for each and every examination for which he intends to appear.[Para 2C of ‘Instructions to Applicants’.]
- (iii) Applicants who had already registered under One-Time Registration system by paying Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and having validity and those who have registered for One-Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- towards One-Time Registration are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
EXAMINATION FEE CONCESSIONS:
Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)
Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities
Three Free Chances
Backward Classes (Other than Muslim) / Backward Classes (Muslim)
Three Free Chances
Two Free Chances
Persons with Benchmark Disability
(i) The total number of free chances availed, will be calculated on the basis of claims made in previous applications.
(ii) The number of free chances availed by the applicant may be verified by the Commission at any stage of the selection process.
(iii) In case an applicant who makes a false claim for exemption from payment of application fee by suppressing information regarding his previous application(s) his candidature shall be rejected after due process and he shall be debarred for a period of one year from appearing for examinations and selections conducted by the Commission.
(iv) Applicants are directed to carefully choose the options ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ regarding availing the fee concession. The choice made, cannot be modified or edited after successful submission of online application.
- (v) Applicants are advised in their own interest, to keep an account of the number of times fee concession has been availed, irrespective of the information displayed in the
of the applicant dashboard.
(vi) An application (irrespective of the post applied for) claiming fee concession will operate to exclude one chance from the number of free chances allowed.
(vii) Applicants who have availed the maximum number of free chances permitted / applicants who do not wish to avail of the fee concession / applicants who are not eligible for fee concession, shall choose the option ‘No’ against the query regarding fee concession. Such applicants shall thereafter pay the requisite fee through the prescribed mode of payment.
(viii) Failure to pay the prescribed fee along with the online application, will result in the rejection of application after due process. (for further details regarding examination fee concessions refer to Para 6 of ‘Instructions to Applicants’)
6. MODE OF PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE:
- Written Examination fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred only), is payable by online through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card on or before the date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges as applicable.
- Applicants can avail exemption from paying examination fee as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One-Time Registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.150/- and received the registration ID need not pay the Registration fee i.e., Rs.150/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must pay the prescribed examination fee for this recruitment unless fee exemption is claimed (One–Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment).(For further details regarding the Examination fee, refer para. 2(V) of “Instructions to Applicants”).
- (i) Concessions in the matter of age and/or examination fees allowed to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs, Destitute Widows, Persons with Benchmark Disability and Ex-servicemen are given in paras. 3D, 5 and 6 of the 'Instructions to Applicants' .
- (ii) Persons claiming concessions referred to above and other claims made in the application have to produce evidence for such claims when called for, otherwise their application will be rejected after due process.
In all cases, an Ex-serviceman once recruited to a post in any class or service or category, cannot claim the concession of being called an Ex-serviceman for his further recruitment. (Section 3(j) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016)
8. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: OBJECTIVE TYPE (OMR METHOD) AND ORAL TEST:
Minimum qualifying marks for selection
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs BC(OBCM)s & BCMs
i. Paper –I (Objective Type)
Single paper consisting of the following subjects:- (200 Questions)
Town Planning (60%)
Civil Engineering (25%)
3 3 Hours
ii. Paper - II (Objective Type)
Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
(100 questions/150 marks)
Minimum qualifying marks – 60 marks (40% of 150) Marks secured in Part-A of Paper-II will not be taken into account for ranking.
(General Studies) (100 questions)
(150 marks) (Code No:003)
General studies (Degree standard) – 75 questions and
Aptitude and mental ability test (SSLC standard) - 25 questions
iii. Interview and Records
- a) Answer sheets of Paper-I and Part B of Paper II of the candidates will not be evaluated, if the candidate does not secure minimum qualifying marks in Part-A of Paper-II.
- b) Only marks secured in Paper-I and Part-B of Paper-II will be considered for ranking.
- c) The question paper in paper I will be set in English only. The questions in Part–B of Paper-II will be set both in Tamil and English.
- d) Refer to para.17 of “ Instructions to Applicants” with regard to Instructions to be followed while appearing for competitive Examinations conducted by the Commission.
- e) The syllabus for written examination is available in Annexure-III to this Notification.
9. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Selection will be made in two stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the shape of an interview. The final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the applicants at the written examination and oral test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Applicants’ appearance in the written examination and oral test is compulsory. The applicant who has not appeared for any of the subjects in the written examination will not be considered for selection even if he/she secures the minimum qualifying marks for selection. (For further details refer to para 18(B) of the ‘Instructions to Applicants’)
Firstly the selection will be made for ‘one’ carried forward vacancy and Secondly, the selection will be made for ‘28’ regular vacancies for the post of Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning following the rule of reservation. [Section 27 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016].
10. CENTRES FOR EXAMINATION:
The examination will be held at the following centres.
NAME OF THE CENTRE
- (i) Applicants should choose any two of the above centres for writing the examination. Applicants will be allotted a venue in one of these two centres. However, applicants with benchmark disability (differently –abled applicants), shall be permitted to choose only one district centre. (for further details refer para 2(R) of Instructions to Applicants)
- (ii) Request for change of examination centre will not be permitted (For further details refer Para 17(A)(ii) of “ Instructions to Applicants ”)
- (iii) The Commission reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination centres and to re-allot the applicants accordingly.
- (iv) Applicants should appear for the written examinations / certificate verification / oral test at their own expenses.
11. (A) EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
Candidates who are in the service of the Indian Union or a State in India or in the employment of Local Bodies or Universities or Quasi Government Organizations or Public Sector Units constituted under the authority of the Government of India or of a State in India, whether in regular service or in temporary service must inform the Commission of such fact, at the time of applying. Suppression of the fact of employment by candidates shall result in rejection of candidature after due process. Candidates should produce No Objection Certificate when called for. [For further details refer para. 14 (P) of “Instructions to Applicants’]
(B) DECLARATION REGARDING CRIMINAL CASES (OR) DISCIPLINARY CASES:
- (i) Candidates who have declared pending criminal or disciplinary cases in their online application, must upload / produce the copy of First Information Report (FIR) or memorandum of charges / show cause notice, as the case may be. Failure to upload / produce such papers when called for, shall result in rejection of candidature after due process.
- (ii) Candidates who have declared conviction in criminal cases or punishment in disciplinary cases, in their online application, must upload / produce the relevant court orders and/or release orders or memorandum of proceedings, as the case may be, when called for. Failure to upload / produce such papers, shall result in rejection of candidature after due process.
- (iii) In case of any criminal case is filed / disciplinary action is taken against or conviction / punishment is imposed on a candidate after submission of the on-line application at any stage of the recruitment process before the completion of entire selection process such candidates should report this fact to the Commission in the next immediate stage when Commission calls for uploading/ producing documents. Failure to comply with these instructions shall result in rejection of candidature after due process and debarment for a period of one year.
[Para. 14 (S) of “Instructions to Applicants’]
Any violation of instruction therein will result in rejection of application and forfeiture of his/her candidature after due process.
12. GENERAL INFORMATION:
- (A) The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to this recruitment.
- (B) Person Studied in Tamil Medium
- (i) As per Section 2(d) of the Tamil Nadu Appointment on preferential basis in the services under the State of Persons Studied in Tamil Medium Act, 2010, as amended by Act 35 of 2020, Person studied in Tamil medium means a
- person who has studied through Tamil medium of instruction upto the educational qualification prescribed for direct recruitment in the rules or regulations or orders applicable to any appointment in the services under the State.
- (ii) Candidates claiming to be Persons studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) must upload / produce evidence for the same in the form of SSLC, HSC, Transfer Certificate, Provisional Certificate , Convocation Certificate, Degree Certificate, PG Degree Certificate, Mark Sheets, Certificate from the Board or University or from the Institution, as the case may be, with a recording that he/she had studied the entire duration of the respective course(s) through Tamil Medium of instruction.
- (iii) Candidates must upload / produce documents as evidence of having studied in the Tamil medium, all educational qualification upto the educational qualification prescribed.
If the prescribed educational qualification is Degree, then the candidate should have studied from the First Standard to SSLC, Higher Secondary Course and Degree through Tamil Medium of instruction.
If the prescribed educational qualification is Post-Graduate Degree, then the candidate should have studied from the First Standard to SSLC, Higher Secondary Course, Degree and the Post-graduate degree through Tamil medium of instruction (Refer para 14(R) (iii) example(d) & (e) of Instructions to Applicants.
- (iv) If no such document as evidence for ‘PSTM’ is available, a certificate from the Principal / Head Master / District Educational Officer/ Chief Educational Officer/ District Adi Dravidar Welfare Officer / Controller of Examinations / Director of the Educational Institution / Director/Joint Director of Technical Education/Registrar of Universities as the case may be, in the prescribed format must be uploaded / produced, for each and every educational qualification up to the educational qualification prescribed.
- (v) Failure to upload / produce such documents as evidence for ‘Persons Studied in Tamil Medium’ for all educational qualification up to the educational qualification prescribed, shall result in the rejection of candidature after due process.
- (vi) Documents uploaded / produced as proof of having studied in Tamil medium, for the partial duration of any course / private appearance at any examination, shall not be accepted and shall result in the rejection of candidature after due process.
(For further details refer to para. 14 (R) of the “Instructions to Applicants”)
- (C) The selection for appointment to the said post is purely provisional subject to the final orders in the writ petitions, if any, pending on the files of the Hon’ble Madras High Court and its Madurai Bench.
- (D) As per Sections 26 and 27(c) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016, reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” will not applyto this recruitment.
- (E) PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY :
As per G.O. (Ms.) No. 20, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP.3.2) Department, dated 20.06.2018, the said post have been identified as suitable for differently abled persons with the following disabilities – LV, HH, LD (OA,OL), AC, LC, DF [LV- Low vision, HH- Hard of hearing, LD- Loco-motor disability (OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg), AC-Acid attack victims LC- Leprosy cured, DF- Dwarfism].
- (F) Persons with Benchmark Disability should submit / upload a copy of Disability Certificate in the format prescribed in the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017 [Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India] and issued by the competent authority defined in GO Ms. No. 28, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.1), dated 27.07.2018.
[For further details refer Para. 14 (M) of “Instructions to Applicants’]
- (G) If no qualified and suitable women applicants are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male applicants belonging to the respective communal categories. (Section 26(5) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016).
- (H) Wherever vacancies are reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, even after filling the vacancies reserved for SC (Arunthathiyars) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars. (Section 27 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016).
- (I) Evidence for all the claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted in time when documents are called for. Any subsequent claim made after submission of online application will not be entertained. Failure to upload / submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of applicationafter due process.
- (J) Suppression of following material information in the online application regarding (i) free chances availed (ii) Employment in the Service of the Indian Union or a State in India or in the employment of Local Bodies or University or Quasi Government Organization or Public Sector units constituted under the authority of the Government of India or of a State in India in regular service or temporary service (iii) Wilful suppression of criminal cases / disciplinary action pending / punishments if any, against the applicant (iv) violation of undertaking given by the applicant in the online application etc,. may invite suitable penal action including debarment for a specific period as decided by the Commission for
- various recruitments/ selections conducted by the Commission, besides rejection of application after due process.
- (K) Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated / pending or finalised, debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application. The details thereof, i.e. originals of the judgement / order / G.O. dropping further action in the departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such applicants for appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification without fail. All such events that occur after the submission of application and till the date of his / her selection and appointment shall be reported to the Commission forthwith. Failure to report on the part of the applicant will be considered as suppression of material information and will attract suitable penal action. (for further details refer para 12 of the Instructions to applicants)
- (L) Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation / eligibility / age /gender / communal category / educational qualification / medium of instruction / physical qualification / other basic qualifications and other basic eligibility criteria will be summarily rejected after due process.
- (M) One Time Registration is not an application for any post / recruitment. Though the details/particulars have already been furnished by the applicants under One Time Registration system, the claims made in the online application for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration. The Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- (N) Determination of Community for Transgender:
- (i) The Transgender candidates, who do not possess any community certificate may choose to be considered under Most Backward Classes as per G.O.(Ms) No.28, Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department, dated 06.04.2015 or under ‘others’.
- (ii) The Transgender candidates who belong to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar)/ Scheduled Tribe communities and possess community certificate as such, shall be considered as per their respective community.
- (iii) The Transgender candidates who belong to the communities other than Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar) / Scheduled Tribe and possess community certificate as such are permitted to choose to be considered as belonging to their own community or as Most Backward Classes whichever is advantageous to them, at the time of One Time Registration itself. Once the individual opts to be considered as a particular community, it shall be crystallized and this option shall not be changed in future. [Refer G.O.(Ms)No.90, Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme (SW8(2)Department, dated 22.12.2017 and Para. 14 (F) (vi – xi) of “Instructions to Applicants’]
- (O) Reservation in Employment for Transgender:-
- (i) The Transgender candidates who identify themselves as ‘Female’ shall be considered against both 30% reservation for women as well as 70% reservation for the General category (both Men & Women).
- (ii) The Transgender candidates, who identify themselves as ‘Male’ or ‘Transgender’, shall be considered against the 70 % reservation for General category (both Men & Women).
The above concessions shall be granted subject to production of certificate identifying them as Transgender or Transgender (Male) or Transgender (Female), as the case may be, issued by the Tamil Nadu Transgender Welfare Board (TNTGWB).”
13. OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
- a) Applicants should ensure their eligibility for the examination. Before applying for / appearing for the examination, the applicants should ensure their eligibility for such examination and that they fulfil all the conditions in regard to age, educational qualifications, number of chances for fee concession, etc., as prescribed by the Commission’s notification. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions. Mere admission to the written examination / certificate verification / oral test / counselling or inclusion of name in the selection list will not confer on the candidates any right to appointment. The candidature is therefore, provisional at all stages and the Commission reserves the right to reject candidature at any stage, even after selection has been made, if a wrong claim or violation of rules or instructions is confirmed.
[Refer Para. 11 (B) (C) and (D) of “Instructions to Applicants’]
- b) The memorandum of admission (hall ticket) for eligible applicants will be made available in the Commission’s website www.tnpscexams.in / www.tnpsc.gov.in for downloading by applicants. The memorandum of admission will not be sent by post. The applicants must comply with each and every instruction given in the memorandum of admission.
[Refer in Note (g) under Para 2(V) of “Instructions to applicants”]
- c) Applicants requiring clarification, can contact the office of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission in person or over the Toll-Free No.1800 419 0958 on all working days between 10.00 am and 5.45 pm. Queries relating to One Time Registration/ online application may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Other queries may be sent to grievance.tnpsc@ tn.gov.in [Refer in Note (h),(i),(j) under Para 2(V) of “Instructions to applicants”]
- d) COMMUNICATION TO APPLICANTS: Individual communication regarding the date and time of certificate verification, oral test and counselling (as applicable) will not be sent to the applicants by post. The details will be made available on the Commission’s website. Applicants will be informed of the above fact only
- through SMS and e-mail and they should watch the Commission’s website in this regard. Commission is not responsible for non-delivery of SMS/e-mail due to any reasons.
- e) During the process of recruitment from Notification till completion of selection process, no information under Right to Information Act, CM cell petitions, GRC would be furnished.
- f) MOBILE PHONES AND OTHER ARTICLES BANNED :
- i) Except the permitted writing material (Black ball point pen), applicants are not allowed to bring cellular phones, electronic or any other type of calculators, watches and rings with inbuilt memory notes, recording devices either as a separate piece or part of something used by the applicant such as watch or ring etc or any other electronic devices and non - electronic devices such as P&G design data book, mathematical and drawing instruments, log tables, stencils of maps, slide rules books, notes, loose sheets, rough sheets, hand bags etc., into the examination hall / room.
- ii) If they are found to be in possession of any such things or instruments, they will not be allowed to write the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary, they will be subjected to thorough physical search including frisking on the spot.
- iii) Applicants are advised, in their own interest, not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping of the same cannot be assured. (For further details refer Para 17-E to “Instructions to Applicants ”).
- g) Unless specific instruction is given, applicants are not required to submit along with their application any certificates (in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, physical qualification, community, physical disability etc.,) which should be submitted when called for by the Commission. Applicants applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any time before or after the written examination / certificate verification / oral test , it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the recruitment will be summarily rejected after due process.
- h) If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, it will lead to rejection of their candidature after due process and suitable penal action including debarment.
- i) UNFAIR MEANS STRICTLY PROHIBITED: No applicant shall copy from the papers of any other applicant or permit his / her papers to be copied or give or attempt to give or obtain or attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
- j) CONDUCT IN THE EXAMINATION HALL: No applicant should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the examination hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be viewed seriously and penalised.
- k) For violation of “Instructions to Applicants” in any manner, suitable penalty will be imposed as per Para 17-E to “Instructions to Applicants ” or as deemed fit by the Commission.
(l) Tentative answer keys will be hosted in the Commission’s website within 3 days from the date of conduct of objective type examination. Candidates can challenge the tentative answer keys of the objective type examination through the ‘Answer Key Challenge’ window available in the Commission’s website [Results → Answer Keys].
Representations, if any, challenging the tentative answer keys shall be submitted only through online mode within seven days from the date of publication of tentative answer keys. Representations received by post or e-mail will receive no attention.
Detailed instructions, procedures to challenge the tentative answer keys have been made available in the Commission’s website. Representations made online / offline after the closure of the window will also receive no attention.
The challenges submitted on time, through the online mode, shall be referred to a committee comprising of experts in each subject. The decision on the final answer key shall be made, based on the recommendations of the expert committee and paper evaluation shall commence thereafter.
The Commission shall not publish the final answer key until the completion of the entire selection process.
Requests from candidates for furnishing of their marks or answer paper copy before the completion of the entire selection process, will not be entertained by the Commission.
After conclusion of the entire selection process, complete particulars of all candidates who had applied for recruitment to the post shall be made available on the Commission’s website.
[Refer Para 17(D) (v) to (xii) of “Instructions to Applicants”]
14. HOW TO APPLY:
- 1) Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s websites www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in
- 2) “One Time Registration” using Aadhaar is mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as registration fee. Successfully registered One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One Time Registration ID and password registered by the
- 3) To apply under One Time Registration system, applicants should have a scanned image of their photograph, certificates specified, if any, and signature in CD/DVD/Pen Drive to upload the same, as per the specifications given in the guidelines for scanning and uploading of photograph and signature.
- 4) No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID under One Time Registration system.
- 5) Applicants should enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them. They shall not share the ID with any other person or agency.
- 6) One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just a collection of information from the applicants and provides a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate maintenance of their own profile. Applicants who wish to apply for this recruitment shall click “ Apply ” against the recruitment notified in the Commission’s website using the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
- 7) Applicants should select the name of the post for which the applicant wishes to apply.
- 8) Online applications uploaded without the photograph, details of specified documents and signature will be rejected after due process.
- 9) All the particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the submission of the application. Once an application is submitted, no further request for change of details will be entertained. Hence, the applicants are instructed to fill the online application with utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- 10) PRINT OPTION:
- a) After submitting the application, applicants can save / print their application in PDF format.
- b) On entering user ID and password, applicants can download their application and print, if required.
- c) Applicants need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. Application and all the required certificates will be verified only when the applicants come up for certificate verification.
For further details refer para 2 of “Instructions to Applicants”
15. UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS:
Applicants should upload the required documents for proof in respect of all the claims made in the application with reference to this notification as and when called for. If the required certificates are not uploaded by the applicant, within the stipulated time, his/her application will be rejected after due process.
For further details refer para 13 of “Instructions to Applicants”
16. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Online application can be submitted upto 26.03.2022 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled.
(For detailed information, applicants may refer to the “Instructions to Applicants” at the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in ).
“The Government orders relating to Equivalence of qualification are available in the Annexure II of the Notification. However, if the applicant possesses an equivalence of qualification other than one mentioned in the Commission’s website and if Government orders to this effect have been issued on or before the date of this notification, applicants should furnish the details of the same while applying and should produce a copy of the Government orders, when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, failing which their application will be rejected after due process. The Government orders regarding equivalence of qualification issued after the date of this notification will not be considered for this recruitment”.