Odisha Staff Selection Commission - Traffic Constables - Recruitment Alert
Odisha Staff Selection Commission online applications are invited from intending candidates to fill up 56 posts of Traffic Constables (Initial Appointee) under State Transport Authority, Commerce & Transport (Transport) Department, Govt. of Odisha.
|Online Payment of Examination Fees
|Submission of Online Application Form
|Mode of apply
|Online Mode only through the website www.ossc.gov.in. No Physical copy/Hard copy of the online application form need to be submitted by the annlicant.
- Candidates must register their valid e-Mail Id and Mobile number while applying for the post and keep the same active till completion ofthis recruitment process to receive important messages from the Commission relating to the recruitment.
- Before applying for the post, the Candidates must go through this detailed advertisement and on satisfying the eligibility criteria prescribed there in, may apply for the post through online mode only. Application(s) received through any other mode shall not be entertained by the Commission.
- The candidate applying for the post must have passed +2 Examination or equivalent examination conducted by recognised Board/University or from institutions recognised by Board/University and he/she must have passed M.E standard/HSC examination with Odia as a language subject.
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated 1st
- remuneration of Rs.13, 300/-per month (for year) as per Odisha Group-C &D Posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 and amended up to date.
- Candidate must not below 21 Years and must not exceed 38 years ofage as on 1st January 2021 to be eligible to apply for the post as per the provision of Odisha Civil services (Fixation ofupper age limit) Amendment Rules, 2022 notified vide Notification No.771-GAD-SC-RULES-0008/2016/Gen. dated 11.01.2022 (refer to Clause-6(a) of this Advertisement) with usual age relaxation for ST/SC/SEBC/Women/ Ex-Servicemen candidates as per the aforesaid Rules.
- In-service contractual candidates appointed in Govt. offices before 17.01.2014 in Group-B post/services or before 18.11.2013 in Group-C&D posts/services & claiming age relaxation & other benefits under the Government of Odisha Contractual Appointment Rules-13 shall have to follow the advisory notice published vide No.3568/ dtd.01.11.2019 available in the Commission's website to ascertain their eligibility to avail such relaxation.
- The Commission shall conduct Written Examination with objective papers through CBRE (Computer Based Recruitment Examination) Mode in multiple batches, Commission will adopt normalization process as per the advisory Notice No.2444/0SSC dated 02.09.2021(available in the website ofthe Commission i.e, www.ossc.gov.in) for processing the result so as to offset the difficulty level that may arise in such use ofmultiple set ofquestion papers in the said examination.
- The candidate must submit correct data /information in the Online Application Form basing on which he/she shall be allowed to appear the examination at different stages. If at any stage ofrecruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or he is otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, then his/her candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith.
2. How to apply:
- The applicants have to go through the Detail Advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Aspirants have to apply online using the official website of the Commission www.ossc.gov.m.
- All eligible candidates have to register themselves by clicking on "APPLY ONLINE" button on the Home page of the Commission's website www.ossc.gov.in.
- Those candidates who are applying for the first time have to register for the post by clicking on "NEW USER" button shown on the screen. On submitting the registration form a, User Id and Password will be generated.
- On clicking "New user" or "Registered User" instruction for filling up the Online Registration/ Re-registration and filling up the online Application Forms shall appear on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding for filling up the online Application Form.
- Step by step procedure for registration/re-registration can be viewed by clicking on
"Instruction to fill up Online Application Form".
3. Pre-requisites for filling up online Application Form
a. Applicants should possess and maintain an e-Mail Id and Mobile Number for accessing the OSSC web portal and to make Online Registration/Re-Registration and to fill up the online Application Form. Candidates should keep that e-mail Id and Mobile Number (given during registration) active to receive all important communication relating to this recruitment examination till publication of the final result. Change of Mobile Number/E mail Id is not permissible once the same has been registered for recruitment ofparticular post/service.
b. Recent Passport size Colour Photograph ofthe Applicant, scanned in "jpg/jpeg" format between ranges of20 kb to 100kb shall be kept handy for uploading during Registration for any post.
c. Full Specimen Signature & Left /Right Thumb Impression of the Applicant, scanned in "jpg/jpeg" format between ranges of20 kb to 50kb shall be kept handy for uploading during Registration.
d. Applicant shall keep their relevant Certificates, Mark sheets & other documents ready as per Clause-9 of the advertisement while filling in the details of the educational qualification & other claims during filing of Online Application Form.
e. Applicants should enter the Aadhar number in the appropriate field in the online application form.
f. SC/ST/SEBC category candidates need to submit detail information of online Caste Certificate issued by competent Authority in the online application form. But if the valid online Caste Certificate issued by the competent Authority is not in possession with the candidate at the time of submission of the online application form, he/she must give self declaration in the format appended to the online application form.
g. Candidate claiming reservation/age relaxation under "Ex-Serviceman" category need to upload any one ofthe Ex-Servicemen Documents i.e. Discharge Certificate/ Identity card/ PPO (wherein the date of entry, date of discharge and period of service rendered in Defence Forces have been reflected). Ex-Servicemen who are going to retire within six months from the closing date of online application may apply for the post by obtaining relevant "No Objection Certificate" from the appropriate authority mentioning therein the date of appointment, date of retirement and years of service rendered in Defence Forces. However such candidates have to submit the original discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claim under Ex-Serviceman category. The scanned document must be in "Pdf" format between ranges of 100kb to 500 kb
4. In-service contractual employees ofGovernment offices claiming age relaxation (maximum age limit 45 years as on 01.01.2021) as per Govt. in G.A. Department Notification No.GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dtd.17.01.2014 (for the candidates in Group-B Post& Services) & Notification No.GADSC-Rules-0009-2013/32010/Gen dtd.18.11.2013 (for Group-C & D Post &services) and who have completed minimum one year of continuous service prior to commencement of the above Rules must possess the required certificate issued by the concerned employer in the proforma prescribed by the Commission vide Advisory Notice No.3568/OSSC dated 01.11.2019 available in the website ofthe Commission www.ossc.gov.in. They shall have to fill the detail information like Name of the Employer, Scheme of appointment, date of appointment, regarding recruitment process for appointment in the post, whether covered under Category-I/Category-II (as per clause-8 of Odisha Group-B/Group-C & D Contractual Appointment Rules-2013), FD Approval/Concurrence No. in the online application form and candidate has to produce the relating originals documents during Certificate Verification for consideration oftheir claim under Contractual in-service benefits.
The candidate should ensure that the scanned Photograph and full Signature, Left/Right Hand Thumb Impression and other relevant documents must be clearly identifiable/ visible, otherwise the registration and application shall be liable for rejection and no correspondence on this account shall be entertained.
Candidates must submit correct data /information in the Online Application Form basing on which the candidate shall be allowed to appear the examination in different stages. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, his/her candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith.
4. Vacancy position:-
|No. ofposts to
|Posts to be
|Posts to be
|Women (out of Total post)
PwD candidates are not eligible to apply for the post as per proviso under Rule-5 of the
Odisha Transport Traffic & Enforcement (Method ofRecruitment & Condition ofService)Rules-2013
Note: The number ofvacancies and other conditions ofvacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion ofthe Commission, Requisitioning Authorities and Government.
5. Scale ofPay & Condition ofService:-
The appointment to the post shall be guided by Odisha Group-'C' & Group-'D' posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dated 12.11.2013 and subsequent amendments. On appointment as "initial appointee" the candidate will get a consolidated remuneration ofRs. 13,300/-applicable to the post per month for the first year as per Odisha Group-C & D Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rule, 2021.Salary/Remuneration/ Scale ofpay may vary as per decision ofthe Government ofOdisha from time to time. Other conditions ofservice shall be guided by Odisha Transport Traffic & Enforcement (Method ofrecruitment & conditions ofservice) Rules, 2013 and amended up to date.
6. Eligibility: 6 (A) Age:
(i) The minimum age for the post is 21 Years and must not exceed 38 years ofage as on I" January 2021 to be eligible to apply for the post as per the provision ofOdisha Civil services (Fixation of upper age limit) Amendment Rules, 2022 notified vide Notification No.771-GAD-SC-RULES-0008/2016/Gen. dated 11.01.2022. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & all Women candidates & the total period of service rendered in Defence Service in case of Exservicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type ofage relaxation as per rule.
To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of age limit must not born before 2nd January, 1983 and after 1st January 2000. The persons in Defence Forces not having more than six months to retire/ discharge from the forces as on the last date of the submission ofonline application are eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. However such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category.
Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition ofEx-Servicemen.
Note: Once an Ex-Serviceman has joined the Govt. Service in civil side after availing the benefit as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. Jobs shall cease to exist. He can avail age relaxation only. However as per clause-4 of the O.M. No. 36034/2014-Estt.(Res) dt.14 August,2014 of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India, if an Ex-Serviceman applies for various posts before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail ofthe benefit of reservation as ex-serviceman for any subsequent employment, provided the applicant as soon as joins any civil employment, should give selfdeclaration/undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various posts for which he/she had applied for before joining. The applicant who have already availed the benefit should furnish the copy of above declaration duly endorsed by the employer on the date ofDocument Verification for consideration ofthe claim ofreservation under Ex-Serviceman category.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt. or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt. offices or the State Govt. ofOdisha who have completed at least one year ofcontinuous service prior to commencement ofthe said rules as per provision of"Odisha Group-C & D posts (Contractual appointment) Rules, 2013" shall get age relaxation. As such they must be less than 45 years as on O 1.01.2021. They should submit the required prooffrom their employer (as furnished in detail in Clause-8)for availing the age relaxation at the time ofdocument verification.
6. (b) Date ofbirth entered in the High School certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/ by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to
6. (c) Educational Qualification:-
The candidate to be eligible to apply for the post must have passed +2 Examination or equivalent examination conducted by Recognised Board/University/Institution.
And He/She must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language subject, or have passed High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as a subject/medium ofexamination in non-Language subject, or have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination ofClass VII or above or have passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department.
6. (d) General Eligibility Criteria:-
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- (i) The candidate must be a citizen ofIndia.
- (ii) Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
- (iii) Be ofgood moral character & conduct.
- (iv) Be ofgood mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge ofhis duties in the service. A candidate, who after such medical examination as the Government may prescribe is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- (v) If married, must not have more than one spouse living. Provided that Government may, ifsatisfied that such marriage is permissible under Personal Law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for doing so, exempt any person from the operation ofthis rule.
- (vi) Candidate must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language subject, or have passed High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as a subject/medium ofexamination in nonLanguage subject, or have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination ofClass VII or above or have passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department.
NB: Not fulfilling of any of the eligibility criteria shall render the applicant's candidature invalid & rejected.
7. Examination Fee:
The candidates other than SC/ST/PwD (having Permanent Disability) category have to pay a non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 200/-. The fees can be deposited only through online mode using Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit card/other available payment methods linked with the online application form.
On clicking the payment option payment candidate shall be redirected to Odisha Trasury portal and payment should be made through any ofthe available payment method. The required amount shall be deducted from the Candidate's bank account and shall be deposited on the OSSC head ofaccount "0051-00-104-0047-02041-000".
Candidates are advised to keep with them the copy of the e-receipt as a token
successful payment ofrequired examination fee for future reference.
Applications without payment of examination fees (except SC/ST/PwD (having Permanent Disability) candidates will be taken as incomplete and shall be liable for rejection.
8. Stages ofRecruitment:
|(1 & ½ Hour)
The standard ofquestions will be ofHSC Standard and there shall be negative marking @0.25 for each wrong answer in the written examination
Stage-II Physical Standard Candidates up to 3(Three) times the vacancies in Measurement & Physical order of merit category wise basing on the mark secured m the Written Examination shall be
Test shortlisted for Physical Standard Measurement & Physical Test which is ofqualifying nature. Stage-Ill Certificate verification The candidates qualifying in the Physical Standard Measurement & Physical Test shall be called for certificate verification
A. Detailed Syllabus ofStage-I/Written Examination:-
- (i) General English -20 marks
- (ii) Odia Language -20 marks
- (iii) Aptitude -15 Marks
- (iv) Mental Ability& Reasoning -15 Marks
- (v) General Knowledge -30 marks
Total -100 marks
The standard of questions will be of HSC Standard and there shall be negative marking @0.25 for each wrong answer in the written examination.
(i) General English (20 Marks):- Tenses, Active and Passive Voice, Common error, Connectors, Types of
sentences, Direct & Indirect speech, Antonyms & Synonyms, Pronouns, Prepositions, Comprehension.
(ii) Odia Language (20 marks):- Transformation ofwords (noun to adjective and adjective to noun)
Sandhi, Samasa, Antonyms and Synonyms, Correction ofcommon errors in words, Idioms and Phrases, Taddhita and Krudanta, Comprehension.
(iii) Aptitude (15 Marks):- Percentage, Average, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Ratio & proportion
(iv) Mental Ability & Reasoning (15 Marks):-
Series, Direction Sense Test, Coding & decoding, Blood relation, Puzzle Test Sitting arrangementinserting missing character.
(V) General Knowledge (30 Marks):-
History of India & Odisha, Geography of India & Odisha, Indian Polity & Governance, Current events of National & international importance, Books & authors, Famous rivers, temples & wild life sanctuaries , Country, capital & currencies, Sports and awards, Computer Fundamentals.
B. Stage-II/Physical Standard Measurement & Physical Test (Qualifying)
1. Candidates not less than 3(Three) times ofthe vacancies in order ofmerit category wise shall be shortlisted for Physical Standard Measurement & Physical Test.
11. The candidates at the time of applying for the post has to undertake that his/her physical standards are same as regards to the eligibility for the post in the respective category and after giving the above undertaking he/she shall be eligible to apply for the post.
111. The physical standard measurement and Physical test shall be held as follows:-
Category Height Weight Chest un-Chest expanded expanded
GENERAL/SEBC(Men) 168cm 55 kg 79cm 84cm GENERAL/SEBC(Women) 158cm 47.5kg --SC/ST (Men) 163cm 50kg 76cm 81cm SC/ST (Women) 153cm 45kg --
Candidates who have qualified in the physical standard prescribed above will be
required to undergo the following test:-Item Men(all category) Women(all category) Running 1.6 kilometer 8 Minutes 10 Minutes
C. Stage-III/Certificate Verification:
The candidates qualifying in the Physical Standard Measurement & Physical Test shall be called for verification of original documents. The candidate who fails to appear in person with the original certificate/documents shall not be considered for selection and their names will be deleted from the select list.
Note: The candidature ofthe candidate shall be rejected ifhe/she fails to appear in any of the stages of recruitment examination & will not be allowed for subsequent stages ofexamination.
9. Certificates / documents to be submitted at the time of Certificate verification:
The certificates/documents as listed below have to be submitted in original along with a set of self-attested xerox copies of the same and duly ink signed the copy of the Online Application Form during certificate verification.
- Copy ofthe Online Application Form.
- HSC or equivalentpass certificate & mark sheet. +2 Examination or equivalentpass certificate and mark sheets.
- Recent valid caste certificate issued through online mode by competent authority to get reservation/ age relaxation under SEBC/SC/ST category.
- Certificate ofpassing HSC examination with Odiaas a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereofa certificate ofpassing a language test in Odia in final examination ofClassVII issued by Principal/Head Master or any Educational Institution duly recognised by Govt. ofOdisha/ Central Govt. or other competent authority.
- Candidates claiming reservation /age relaxation under Ex-servicemen category must submit Discharge certificate, identity Card & P.P.O issued by the appropriate Authority where in the Date of Entry, Date of Discharge & Period of Service rendered in Defence forces etc are mentioned. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire/ discharge from the forces as on the date of the submission ofonline application are not eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. Ex-Servicemen who are going to retire within six months from the last date of submission ofonline application may apply for the post by obtaining relevant "No Objection Certificate" from the appropriate authority mentioning therein the date ofappointment, date ofretirement and years ofservice rendered in Defence Forces. However, such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category.
- In-Service contractual employees claiming age relaxation and contractual In-service benefits must submit a Certificate from employer as per proforma prescribed by the Commission vide the Advisory Notice No.3568/0SSC dated 01.11.2019 appended to this advertisement. Further the candidates shall have to furnish the detail information/documents like Name ofthe Employer, Scheme ofappointment, date of appointment, whether covered under Category-I/Category-II (as per clause-8 of Odisha Group-B/Group-C & D Contractual Appointment Rules-2013), FD Approval/Concurrence No. as filled in the online application form for Verification.
10. Place, Date, Venue ofExaminations, Physical Test & Certificate verification:
The Date,Time,Venue ofthe Stage-I (Written Examination), Physical Measurement & Physical Test & certificate verification will be informed to the candidates in the Admission Letter, which will be made available in the website ofthe Commission. The Admission Letter will be carrying the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of Secretary ofthe Commission. Admission Letter will also contain instructions to the candidates which should be followed strictly by the candidates. Any deviation made by the candidate during the examination will forfeit his/her candidature for the post.
Admission Letters will be made available in the official website ofthe Commission prior to the holding ofthe Examinations/Tests/Certificate verification. Alert message will be sent to the candidates in their registered Mobile Number/ e-mail Id while the Admission Letter is made available in the Commission's website. Candidates are therefore advised to keep their e-Mail Id and Mobile number active till completion of the recruitment process. Each candidate shall have to download his/her Admission Letters well before the date ofthe examination. The candidates are also advised to regularly visit the website of the Commission to know the status ofeach examination/tests etc. No Admission letter will be sent through post.11. SELECT LIST:
The select list shall be prepared in order ofmerit equal to the vacancies advertised basing on the performance ofthe candidates in the Stage-I/Written Examination, found qualified in Stage-II i.e, Physical Measurement & Physical Test and found suitable in the certificate verification.
|The candidates are required to visit the official website of the Commission
|'www.ossc.gov.in' regularly for detailed information about the programme of.
|publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the
|leading local daily newspapers.
|The candidate should furnish correct Mobile Number and e-Mail Id for
|sending SMS and other relevant information relating to this recruitment. The
|recruitment process to avoid non-receipt of SMS/e-Mail relating to this
Mobile phone or any other electronics devices are strictly prohibited in the premises ofthe examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre. Any infringement ofthese instructions might entail debarment ofthe concerned candidate from the examination.
Apply Online Click Here